Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We love this recipe, although it is not lowfat in any way. I have doubled it for parties, following the directions for the first layer, and then doing a second layer in the same pan, using an equal amount of ingredients. I have also prepared it ahead of time, placed it in a crockpot to keep warm, and added the cheese and onions just before serving.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dot with butter, and sprinkle dry onion soup mix over the top.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, then uncover and stir, making sure potatoes do not stick to pan.
- Cover and bake 30 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onions, serve immediately.
- Do not wait too long to serve or cheese will puddle to the bottom of the pan too much.
- Very good served with bottled ranch dressing for dipping.