1 hr 5 mins
We love this recipe, although it is not lowfat in any way. I have doubled it for parties, following the directions for the first layer, and then doing a second layer in the same pan, using an equal amount of ingredients. I have also prepared it ahead of time, placed it in a crockpot to keep warm, and added the cheese and onions just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Dot with butter, and sprinkle dry onion soup mix over the top.
- 4Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, then uncover and stir, making sure potatoes do not stick to pan.
- 5Cover and bake 30 more minutes.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese and green onions, serve immediately.
- 7Do not wait too long to serve or cheese will puddle to the bottom of the pan too much.
- 8Very good served with bottled ranch dressing for dipping.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Onion Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.4
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 619.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 10.2 g