Just looking at this golden cheesy bread will make you drool, and the smell is incredible. This is from TOH Apr 2005. To say that we love it would be an understatement! Preparation time includes dough cycle of 1 hour but that will depend on the bread machine.
- 177.44 ml water (70-80 degrees F)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml bread flour (I use all purpose flour)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml active dry yeast
- 2 onions, sliced and quartered (medium)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml butter
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- In bread machine, place dough ingredients in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select dough setting.
- After 5 minutes of mixing, check to see if you need to add 1 tbsp water or flour.
- When dough cycle is complete, place dough onto a lightly greased 12" pizza pan and pat into a 10" circle.
- Cover and let rise in warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet saute onions and butter for 15 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook 5 minutes more. Stir in Italian seasonings.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, make deep indentations 1 " apart in dough.
- Top with onion mixture and cheeses.
- Bake at 400F 15-18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.