Prep 1 hr
Cook 18 mins
Just looking at this golden cheesy bread will make you drool, and the smell is incredible. This is from TOH Apr 2005. To say that we love it would be an understatement! Preparation time includes dough cycle of 1 hour but that will depend on the bread machine.
- 3⁄4 cup water (70-80 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour (I use all purpose flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 onions, sliced and quartered (medium)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In bread machine, place dough ingredients in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select dough setting.
- After 5 minutes of mixing, check to see if you need to add 1 tbsp water or flour.
- When dough cycle is complete, place dough onto a lightly greased 12" pizza pan and pat into a 10" circle.
- Cover and let rise in warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet saute onions and butter for 15 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook 5 minutes more. Stir in Italian seasonings.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, make deep indentations 1 " apart in dough.
- Top with onion mixture and cheeses.
- Bake at 400F 15-18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
LOVE this recipe, so easy and everyone loved it, the topping is just way to good. The only thing I did different was add 2 teaspoons of rosemary to the dough other than that followed the recipe and couldn't be happier with the results. Served with a dipping oil made w/olive oil and balsamic vinegar with added herbs.
This review is for the dough part of the recipe. I added a few teaspoons of dried rosemary. Worked great with my bread machine! This is my go-to focaccia recipe. Thank you for sharing:)
Totally delicious. Mine could have baked a bit longer but the toppings were getting dark. Next time I'll pre-bake the bread for a bit before adding the onions and cheese. Still very yummy.