Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
We had this at a friend's house last night and she was kind enough to share the recipe. Use any sweet variety onion such as Vidalia or 1015 (which we get in Texas).My onion-loving hubby LOVES this!! Recipe is easy to halve, double,etc. and can be served warm or at room temperature.
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup good quality swiss cheese
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- Combine all ingredients and turn into an oven-proof serving or baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, or until top is nicely browned.
- Serve with bagel chips, crackers, or cocktail rye slices.