Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's perfectly fine by itself, but I would recommended as a side. Would be great with some spare pork ribs. DELICIOSSSO!!!
- 6 medium sized onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- paprika (to garnish)
- parsley (to garnish)
- Saute the onions in the butter about 5 minute over medium-high heat until transparent but not browned.
- Mix eggs, milk, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in the onions.
- Turn into a 1-quart buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minute or until custard is set.
- Sprinkle with paprika or parsley.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve any leftover casserole by frying slices of the chilled custard in butter. Top with additional cheese and serve with a crouton of toasted bread.