Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family loves this. The onion and cheese are fantastic together. Serve this warm with lots of butter.
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook onions and peppers in oil on low heat until just soft. Do not brown. Let cool.
- Mix all dry ingredients. Add cheese.
- Add milk, eggs and sour cream.
- Add cooled onions and peppers.
- Pour into well greased pan(do not used non-stick spray) or muffin tin. I like a 10 inch iron skillet. Bake until toothpick come out clean and is nice golden on top.
These were pretty good. I had to make a few changes but nothing drastic. I subbed yogurt for sour cream and added a can of green chilis instead of jalapeno's. I baked this in a 8x8 baking dish which too way too long to bake and was pretty thick. Next time I will use a 11x7 and I will be making this again - Thanks