Recipe by Jackie H.
My family loves this. The onion and cheese are fantastic together. Serve this warm with lots of butter.
Top Review by Hill Family
These were pretty good. I had to make a few changes but nothing drastic. I subbed yogurt for sour cream and added a can of green chilis instead of jalapeno's. I baked this in a 8x8 baking dish which too way too long to bake and was pretty thick. Next time I will use a 11x7 and I will be making this again - Thanks
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook onions and peppers in oil on low heat until just soft. Do not brown. Let cool.
- Mix all dry ingredients. Add cheese.
- Add milk, eggs and sour cream.
- Add cooled onions and peppers.
- Pour into well greased pan(do not used non-stick spray) or muffin tin. I like a 10 inch iron skillet. Bake until toothpick come out clean and is nice golden on top.