1/2 Photos of Cheesy Onion Casserole
This recipe tastes similar to French onion soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter
- 3 large sweet onions, sliced
- seasoning salt (to taste) or white salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup half-and-half or 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (or to taste)
- 8 slices French bread, buttered on both sides
- 1Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- 2In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat; add in onions and saute until translucent and slightly brown, then season with salt to taste.
- 3In the prepared baking dish layer onions then two-thirds of cheeses sprinkling pepper between layers.
- 4In a saucepan heat soup with half and half and soy sauce; stir to blend.
- 5Pour over onions and stir gently.
- 6Top with bread slices.
- 7Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- 8Push bread under sauce then sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 15 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Onion Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.7
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 766.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.0 g