Abby Girl's Note:
I serve this bread with pasta and soups. This is comfort food! This could be made up in stages, ready for that last minute baking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in the 1 T butter until golden
- 2In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter into the flour until until it resembles small pebbles. Stir in the egg and milk.
- 3Add the onion and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Spread the batter in a round or square 8 x 8 cake pan.
- 4Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and poppy seeds.
- 5Preheat oven to 400. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Onion Bread With Poppy Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 437.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g