1/1 Photo of Cheesy Onion Bread
This is an easy appetizer to make and enjoy. I've used both french bread and bagettes with this recipe, but I imagine you could use any kind of crusty bread, (sourdough, etc.).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine first 4 ingredients together until well blended.
- 3Take a slice of the bread and spread onion mixture thinly, (about 2 tablespoons), on one side of the bread. Place on a cookie sheet, onion spread side up, on greased cookie sheet, so the slices won't stick.
- 4Continue to spread slices of bread until all of the onion mixture is used.
- 5Bake for 15-20 minutes on center rack, or until the tops of the slices are golden brown.
- 6Remove from oven and let the slices cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- 7**Note: yellow onions can be substituted for vidalia onions.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Onion Bread
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 863.4
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.1 mg
- Sodium 1604.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: