1/1 Photo of Cheesy Omelete Surprise (Kid Friendly)
I have 2 picky eaters under 4, and I am constantly looking for ways to get them to eat anything new. This calls for a velveeta slice (the wrapped kind for sandwiches), but I suspect any cheese your child likes will work. I serve this for lunch or dinner with fresh fruit. I've added up to 1 tbl of Orange Puree without my kids noticing.
My Private Note
- 1Beat the egg and season with salt and pepper based on family/child preferences.
- 2Spray a small skillet with oil to make the egg not stick. Heat to medium high.
- 3Pour the beaten egg into the skillet and lay one slice of velveeta onto the wet eggs.
- 4Cook until almost set, then carefully roll into omlette. I have better luck with thirds, but do what you can. It doesn't have to be perfect.
- 5Bring it WHOLE to the table while still warm. You want the cheese to be melty. Cut into it IN FRONT of the child.
- 6Say "surprise! You have cheese hidden in your eggs!".
- 7I end up making seconds every time I make this for my children.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Omelete Surprise (Kid Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.3
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 233.9 mg
- Sodium 489.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 10.8 g