Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
I have 2 picky eaters under 4, and I am constantly looking for ways to get them to eat anything new. This calls for a velveeta slice (the wrapped kind for sandwiches), but I suspect any cheese your child likes will work. I serve this for lunch or dinner with fresh fruit. I've added up to 1 tbl of Orange Puree without my kids noticing.
- Beat the egg and season with salt and pepper based on family/child preferences.
- Spray a small skillet with oil to make the egg not stick. Heat to medium high.
- Pour the beaten egg into the skillet and lay one slice of velveeta onto the wet eggs.
- Cook until almost set, then carefully roll into omlette. I have better luck with thirds, but do what you can. It doesn't have to be perfect.
- Bring it WHOLE to the table while still warm. You want the cheese to be melty. Cut into it IN FRONT of the child.
- Say "surprise! You have cheese hidden in your eggs!".
- I end up making seconds every time I make this for my children.
So cheesy and so good. Made this for breakfast and it just hit the spot. Thanks for posting.