Recipe by mums the word
A super quick appetizer or sandwich for olive lovers. This takes about 10 minutes to throw together and 7 minutes to bake. The recipe is from TOH, my friends and family love it. Sometimes I like to toast English Muffins and serve this as a sandwich. You can substitute the olives to green and it is still delicious.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Made for PAC 2010. Love it. What a great little snack with a cup of soup for dinner. I made two versions and took some over to my neighbors to try. I made as is and then made my version. Basically the same, but I used white cheddar, and a combination of green and black olives. Both served over English muffins and I cut them in 1/2 like little sandwiches. Visually I liked the white cheddar with the two colors of olives, but the taste was almost identical. Just a great little snack, or appetizer. I loved it, the neighbors loved it. It is easy, inexpensive and quick. Thx for posting. Excellent recipe!
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- Triscuit crackers or bagels or English muffin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients (except crackers/bagels).
- Mix well.
- Spread on crackers and place on ungreased baking sheet. If using bagels or English Muffins, toast them first to crisp them.
- Bake at 375 for 7 minutes or broil 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.