Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love Muffeletta mix.It comes in a jar and it is a mix of different olives, onions and peppers. It is more like a Olive Salad. Just ask your grocer. I tried Lexies Patio Bread and it was wonderful. I thought why not the Olive Muffeletta Mix. So I tried it and my DH loved it. I put a slice of bacon on one half, he loved the flavour. Use the bacon for your own preference.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive spread
- 4 -6 slices bacon, halved (optional)
- 1 loaf French bread, slice horizontally
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Spread evenly on bread.
- Top with bacon strips.
- Bake on a baking sheet 15-20 minutes or until it is starting to turn brown.
- Slice and serve hot.
This bread went "poof" as soon as I put it out. I left off the bacon and used low fat mayo. I had a jar of olive salad from New Orleans that works very well. Great on a buffet.
Very tasty & cheesy!! I happened to have a little bit of homemade olive spread leftover from making muffalettas, so I used it up in this. Served with some shrimp pasta & salad. Great side dish or appetizer!
I doubled this and put it on a pizza base and it was delicious. I was really scared it would be too salty but not at all - it was tres wonderful. I had just bought the olive spread a couple of days ago so this recipe was incredibly timely.