Recipe by Stewie
These became popular in the '60's and are still good today. Bet you can't eat just one! Prep time includes 20 minutes of flash freezing.
Top Review by riffraff
The only problem I had with this recipe was my fault. I tried to used margerine instead of butter. Bad idea. This is not the one to cut the fat on. They melted into puddles. Tasted okay but looked kind of funny. I will make again the right way.
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 jar stuffed green olive
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all the ingredients except the olives.
- It will be a thick mixture.
- Drain at least 48 stuffed green olives.
- Wrap approximately 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture around each olive, to completely cover it.
- Flash freeze covered olives at least 20 minutes.
- Store in a freezer bag until ready to serve.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 400F for about 15 minutes.