Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This breakfast bake is a snap to prepare. It's perfect for a brunch buffet or when out-of-town guests stay the night. Full of bacon, cheese, hash browns and eggs, the all-in-one dish is a hearty crowd pleaser! *Note: Cooking time includes the cooking of the bacon and that of the eggs.
- 1 (28 ounce) package o'brien frozen potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, prepare hash browns according to package directions.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2 1/2-quart baking dish; top with soup.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of bacon; sprinkle remaining bacon over soup.
- In another skillet, scramble eggs in butter until nearly set.
- Spoon over bacon; sprinkle with cheese and reserved bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.