Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
This is an odd but extremely simple quick fix for those who love salt and warm cheese. It gets even better with peppers or whatever one's heart may desire.
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 stick mozzarella string cheese
- Take the microwave safe bowl we all have somewhere.
- Combine your oats, water, baking soda and salt mixing it in a sloppy way.
- Place your slice of cheese on top. Or if your using the better suggestion of a stick cheese, place it in the middle. The stick or string cheese most kids love in their lunches for school is what I use. It can be any combination of the yellow or white or whatever you've got to try.
- Put a cover, just setting on top of the bowl and heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Take and stir the contents together until all looks like a gooey mostly oat concoction.
- Now you can let it cool or add what you wish to it and eat up.
- My suggestions include salt, pepper, crackers for dipping, salsa, peppers, and the list could go on.
Me and my son love this recipe! I added a little bit of leftover spaghetti sauce to it...Yummy! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!
This is a great way to eat oats for breakfast as a change up from sweet oatmeal. It's very tasty. I only used 1/8 tsp. baking powder because of sodium restrictions. Added a pinch of cayenne pepper.