1/1 Photo of Cheesy Nut Cutlets
This vegetarian entree is always on the table at our family celebrations because it is such a decadent treat. It is rare to find a vegetarian dish with this much "comfort quality".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup cracker (whole grain is nice)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2In food processor, mix walnuts, onion and crackers. Pulse until coarsely crumbed. Pour into large bowl.
- 3Now in processor mix eggs and creamed cheese until smooth.
- 4Mix egg mixture into walnut mixture in bowl. Add cheddar and oregano, blend well. If mixture is too loose, add more cracker crumbs.
- 5Heat 2 T vegetable oil in nonstick skillet on medium. Drop mixture into patties in hot nonstick skillet. Drain on paper towels after browned and firm. (Watch closely, they can burn easily).
- 6Mix sauce ingredients together with a whisk. Spray 9" X 13" casserole dish with oil spray. Layer patties in a single layer in bottom of dish. Pour 3/4 sauce over patties. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, pour rest of sauce on, and bake 10 minutes more. Serve with green salad on the side.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Nut Cutlets
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.3
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 215.5 mg
- Sodium 504.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of mushroom soup