Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple recipe with a smoky flavor. It reheats great the next day. The onion, bacon and garlic amounts may be altered depending on likes.
- 1 medium onion
- 5 -7 pieces bacon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- olive oil
- favorite type pasta
- salt and pepper
- Chop the onion and garlic to whatever size you perfer.
- Pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom of pan.
- Add in chopped onions, garlic, and bacon and let simmer.
- Next, cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg in a bowl and add most of cheese, leaving a little.
- Add salt and pepper.
- While bacon is cooking, chop it into little pieces.
- When pasta is done, drain it and immediately return it to the pot.
- Pour in egg mixture and stir it completely and quickly.
- If you want a creamier sauce, add the half and half and the remaining cheese.
- Stir in the bacon mixture, salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
I'm always looking for good side dishes and i thought this was really pretty good. I didn't leave any on my plate, so it must have been good.
This was very easy to throw together & it tasted great.I followed the recipe as posted & tossed some cheddar cheese in as well & of course some extra garlic,thanks for posting a winner in my books.