Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This makes two casseroles. I usually put one in the freezer for another time. A cheesy dish that kids seem to like.
Top Review by dicentra
This is good. I made 1/2 a recipe, with butterfly noodles. DH liked how buttery it was and DD's favorite things are noodles and cheese, so of course it was a hit with her! I served it with some steamed green beans and DH had a bbq pork chop with his. This one is a keeper! Thanks! :)
- 2 (1 lb) packages wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 5 -6 cups milk
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles per package directions; rinse and drain.
- In a large pot, melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Add flour, garlic salt, and onion salt; stir until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Add the cheese; stir until melted.
- Add in the noodles; stir to combine.
- Transfer noodles to two greased 2-quart casserole dishes.
- In a small bowl, add dry bread crumbs and melted butter; toss.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.