Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Same cookbook. Gotta love Taste Of Home! Submitted by Shirley McKee in Varna Illinois. Good and simple.
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 8 ounces processed cheese, cubed (velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic salt and onion salt until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Toss bread crumbws and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Delicious and simple! A true comfort dish. Thanks for sharing.