Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This recipe originally appeaerd at Pipanddebby.com. It is an especially tasty meal in one dish with beef, noodles and corn. The cheese is the frosting on top! I haven't frozen this, but I'm pretty sure it would freeze well, too, making it perfect for a freezer meal.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag egg noodles
- 1⁄2 of a large onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 10 slices
- 8 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (use fresh flat-leaf variety)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large pot, cook egg noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain and rinse.
- In a skillet, cook grouond beef onionsm salt and peper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are soft. Remove from heat.
- Layer ingredients in the prepared baking dish in the following order:.
- ground beef-onion mixture.
- half the noodles.
- the tomatoes.
- cream cheese slices.
- remaining half of noodles.
- shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, in preheatd oven for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.