Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe originally appeaerd at Pipanddebby.com. It is an especially tasty meal in one dish with beef, noodles and corn. The cheese is the frosting on top! I haven't frozen this, but I'm pretty sure it would freeze well, too, making it perfect for a freezer meal.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag egg noodles
- 1⁄2 of a large onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 10 slices
- 8 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (use fresh flat-leaf variety)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large pot, cook egg noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain and rinse.
- In a skillet, cook grouond beef onionsm salt and peper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are soft. Remove from heat.
- Layer ingredients in the prepared baking dish in the following order:.
- ground beef-onion mixture.
- half the noodles.
- the tomatoes.
- cream cheese slices.
- remaining half of noodles.
- shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, in preheatd oven for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.