Recipe by ckmclements
Taken from the Anita's Recipes website, which notes that it is adapted from Microwave Cooking. I haven't made it yet, but I'll get around to it one of these days!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 cups No Yolks egg noodle substitute, cooked
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover and microwave onions in a 2-quart glass dish until tender.
- Blend in flour, sald, mustard, black pepper, and milk. Mix well.
- Microwave, uncovered, for one minute, or until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in cottage cheese, noodles, and parsley. Cover and microwave 6 minutes, or until hot.
- Stir in cheese. Microwave, uncovered, until cheese has melted, three minutes.