Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Especially for the kids or people who don't like garlic. When wrapped in foil, these can be baked in an oven 200C for 15 minutes, placed on the barbeque grill or a grill pan
- 2 French baguettes (or 1 long)
- 100 g butter, softened
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley (chopped)
- 14.79 ml fresh basil (or dill or fennel)
- 100 g grated cheddar cheese
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Cut each baguette into sideway slices but don't cut all the way through.
- Mix all the ingedients exept for the cheddar to make a herb butter.
- Spread the butter between the slices and poke in some cheddar.
- Wrap the bread in foil.
- These can be frozen for future use or baked at 200C for 12-15 minutes or placed on the bbq to toast, turning on each side.
This really is as awesome as everyone says it is. I substituted 1cup for a mix of flax, chia, and coconut flour. I also used 2cups of water. This was my first time making bread. My mom always made her own bread, but I was never interested in learning. I had to call her up to tell her that "I can make bread". It was like a "Castaway" moment when Tom Hanks declared he "made fire". Surprisingly, my pickiest eater(12yr old son) loved it and asked for more! The next day, it was still very moist and just as enjoyable.
This was a nice spin on the usual garlic bread. The herbs, butter and cheese combined for a great flavor!