Recipe by Karin...
This is a very easy recipe for delicious tasting steak! I have not included the cooking time here because it really largely depends on how you like your steak - ie. rare/medium-rare/well done.
Top Review by JustJanS
Karin, thanks for a GREAT recipe. Russell said "go and give that girl a 5"! A simple (and very tasty) recipe, with all the ingredients at hand. The only changes we made were to cook half an onion for the topping (no spring onions in the fridge) and to add half a red chilli (it needed to be used!) We had this with a yummy salad and baked potatoes and sour cream.
- 4 -6 beef eye steaks
CHEESY MUSTARD TOPPING
- 2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons seeded mustard
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub steaks all over with crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Barbeque/grill or pan-fry the steaks until browned and ALMOST tender.
- Meanwhile combine all the'topping' ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread with the topping.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the steaks are tender!