Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe from the Rachel Ray show. She served it over waffle fries (which I tried and they were excellent), but I think that the sauce would also be great over any vegetable or maybe even chicken. This makes a lot of sauce, but it is easily halved.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard (I used Hellman's honey mustard)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepot. Add flour, cook 1-2 minutes over moderate heat, then whisk in the chicken stock and mustard.
- When the stock comes to a bubble and starts to thicken, stir in the cheese with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and serve.