Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
As I sat there watching my boyfriend eatinging a chicken, ham, cheese and Dijon mustard sandwich, I got this idea. its so good- we had it tonight and he was raving about it! Very easy too.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 slices ham
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives, freshly chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Trim chicken breasts and place between two peices of wax paper.
- Hammer chicken thin with mallet- about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- In a mixing bowl, combine skim milk and mustard, mix together.
- Mix flour, cheese and chives on a plate.
- Coat chicken (one peice at a time) on both sides in mustard mixture.
- Lay flat on cheese mixture in the plate, then place one peice of ham on chicken.
- Roll up loosely, coating the chicken completely on the outside.
- Repeat with the other peice of chicken and ham.
- Place in baking dish and back for 25-30 minutes.
- (Cheese will be bubbly and crispy).
This is so delicious, i made this for me and my husband awhile ago and now its a normal meal for us weekly. I combine dijon, honey and stone ground mustard together and its very good. Thanks for sharing this!