Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
If you love mushrooms like I do, this is a great recipe for you.
- 4 tablespoons prepared garlic butter, divided
- 12 slices sourdough French bread, cut diagonally
- 1 (10 ounce) package mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola or 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons french' honey dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide 2 tablespoons garlic butter evenly between bread slices. Brush butter on one side of bread. Place bread, buttered-side up, on oiled grid. Grill over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until golden, turning once. Transfer to serving platter.
- Heat remaining garlic butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are golden. Add pimiento, 1/4 cup cheese, basil, mustard and vinegar; cook and stir 3 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Spoon mushroom mixture evenly over bread slices. Top with remaining cheese. Serve warm.
- If prepared garlic butter is not available, substitute 1/4 cup melted butter mixed with 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.