1 hr 5 mins
Cheese, Mushrooms, Chickens, what could be better??? :D I concocted this after deciding to do some baked mushrooms for a side, but preferred an all-in-one meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion
- 1 celery rib, sliced in 1cm thick bits
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter, seperated
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Over medium-heat, saute the sliced garlic cloves in 1 tablespoon of butter until scent is released, add onion and celery and chicken thighs. Cook for approximately 10-15minutes. Until onion is soft and chicken has been THOROUGHLY browned.
- 2Remove from frying pan and place into a large baking tray, leaving juices in the frying pan.
- 3Melt another tablespoon of butter and the teaspoon of minced garlic in amongst the juices and add mushrooms. Cook for 5minutes, stirring constantly, and then add brocolli and cauliflower. Stir constantly and cook for another 5minutes. Then place in the baking tray. Juices and all.
- 4Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- 5Mix together the flour, salt, and pepper. Melt the remainder of the butter and mix the flour mixture until well combined and smooth. Slowly top off with the chicken broth and mix well until smooth. Add the sour cream and tomato sauce. Mix well. Pour over what's in the baking tray.
- 6Cover and bake for 45minutes, uncover and sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake uncovered for 10-15minutes or until cheese has browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Mushroom Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.7
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 200.0 mg
- Sodium 717.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 42.9 g