Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The cheese and mushrooms are in the burgers which keeps them very moist. Serve on crusty toasted rolls with your favorite topppings.
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 crusty French rolls, toasted
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Sauté 5 minutes, stirring often, or until onions are soft.
- Scrape mixture into mixing bowl.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towels.
- Combine mushroom mixture with beef, cheese, bread crumbs, milk, salt, pepper and thyme and mix well.
- Form 4 ovals in shape and size of rolls.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wiped out skillet on medium high heat.
- Add burgers and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn with spatula and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, or to desired doneness.
Very nice. We really enjoyed these. Next time I will add more onions and probably a touch of cheddar cheese for the hubby. I personally liked just the Monterey Jack cheese. These will definitely be made again and again.
these are delicious burgers, my new favourite recipe. I followed the recipe exactly, perhaps a little less cheese and a chedder but they were perfect, thanks for sharing.
Great burgers! We love sauteed mushrooms on our burgers but I hate the way they fall off when you take a bite. This is a great method of getting them in there to stay. The burgers are really nice and juicy with the cheese and mushrooms inside the patties. I only used 1 T. of oil (to saute the veggies) and used no oil for cooking the burgers in my non-stick pan. Otherwise, I made these exactly as written and we loved them. Thanks Marie :)