Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy grilled bread. Use whatever cheese you like.
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread
- In a bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, mayo, Parmesan and onion.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise and spread cheese mixture over cut sides.
- Grill for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Slice and serve warm.
Oh my gosh this is delicious!! My DH and I had it as an appetizer for our big Sunday Supper. I baked it in the oven only because it was to cold outside to grill. I followed everything else to a T. I baked it in the oven at 400 degrees until the cheese started to melt. Then turned on the broiler and let everything get brown and gooey!! But this is going to be a favorite when summer rolls around. I will be making it many, many times. If I could give it 100 stars I would. Just loved it!! Thank you Lvs2Cook for such a great recipe.
I love mushroom! I think that this is such a nice recipe - great taste and easy to make!
DH and I love mushrooms and I am so happy I found this recipe. Its delicious! I made up the mixture and spread it on a loaf of french bread and put it under the broiler in the oven. Turned out great! I used fresh mushrooms and chopped them up and sauted them in butter and worcestershire sauce and mixed them in with the cheeses,onion and mayonnaise mixture. I have another idea to use this recipe for next time I make it and thats to add alittle pizza sauce with the cheese mixture. It will be like having a meatless pizza. Thanks for sharing this easy and simple recipe!