Prep 10 mins
Cook 33 mins
Delicious fish recipe. Works well with haddock, too.
Make and share this Cheesy Mushroom Baked Flounder recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray or grease a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Place flounder filets in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle filets with thyme and chopped green onion. Scatter sliced mushrooms over top.
- Evenly sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, breadcrumbs, parsley and paprika. Sprinkle over top of cheese layer.
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and broil for about 2-3 minutes to lightly brown the top.
I am always willing to try a new flounder recipe. This was good. I can see where some minor changes would have increased my enjoyment. I think sauteing the mushrooms first would have helped, reducing the cooking time by 10 minutes and adding a little salt and pepper.
This is the best fish recipe I've tried in a long time. I've also made it with chicken (brine chicken first) and it turned out great. Thanks for posting! The whole family LOVES it!
7 yr old DD said it was awesome, DH said it was good, I thought it was ok. I didn't really care for the crumb mixture. Might make it again for family.