Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These mushrooms are yummy snacks or nice appetizers for a dinner party. Easy to double or triple for a crowd.
- 10 medium mushrooms (about 1/2 lb.)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons shredded monterey jack cheese (I use pepper jack)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fine cracker crumb (I use Ritz)
- Remove stems from mushrooms and reserve for another use.
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter; brush over mushroom caps, coating thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 4 tablespoons butter, garlic and cheese until blended.
- Stir in wine, soy and cracker crumbs until well blended.
- Place mushrooms, cavity side up, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mound filling in mushrooms, pressing in lightly.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat until bubbly and lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I made these little yummies for PAC Fall '06, using red wine and regular jack cheese. I sprinkled a little bit of grated jack on them before broiling because you can never have too much cheese! These were SO yummy! Hubby and I devoured them. So easy to make too. We both agreed that they would be even yummier using pepper jack cheese - just that little hint of spice would go very nicely. Great recipe!