Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are cheesy in the GOOD way - a delicious savory muffin with flavors piqued by paprika and herbs of your choice.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, diced into cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Generously grease 9 muffin cups or use liners.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and paprika.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, melted butter and thyme until just moistened (do NOT be over-enthusiastic and mix until smooth).
- Place a heaped spoonful into prepared muffin cups, place a few pieces of cheese cubes, then top with another layer of batter (If you have any empty muffin cups, fill it with water for even baking).
- Bake until puffy and golden, approximately 25 minutes.
- Stand 5 minutes before unmolding onto a rack.
These were okay. I wasn't overly fond of the paprika in them ~ would try them again without the paprika. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
Not sure what I did wrong but mine reminded me of corn muffins made with corn meal even though I used what was stated in the recipe. All in all we enjoyed them. Nice flavor! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Even the Baby LOVED it