These are cheesy in the GOOD way - a delicious savory muffin with flavors piqued by paprika and herbs of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Generously grease 9 muffin cups or use liners.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and paprika.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, melted butter and thyme until just moistened (do NOT be over-enthusiastic and mix until smooth).
- Place a heaped spoonful into prepared muffin cups, place a few pieces of cheese cubes, then top with another layer of batter (If you have any empty muffin cups, fill it with water for even baking).
- Bake until puffy and golden, approximately 25 minutes.
- Stand 5 minutes before unmolding onto a rack.