Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from an old Pampered Chef cookbook. Simple and something my kids will eat. Freezes well. See note for OAMC instructions.
- 1 (16 ounce) package mostaccioli pasta, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions; rinse and drain.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook and stir the beef over medium-high heat until meat is browned; drain.
- Add in spaghetti sauce, soup, pepper, and Italian seasoning; stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, sauce, and 2 cups cheese.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 4-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Note: OAMC instructions--To freeze: Complete recipe through step 6. Seal with foil or place in a zip top bag. Freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in fridge overnight. Bake as directed.
A great kid and adult friendly recipe. My 1 year old ate his little heart out. I did forget to put the cheese on top, but I honestly didn't miss it. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I made this years ago many times as written, but had not made it in awhile. This time I used 1 lb of Italian sausage and a 1/2 lb lean beef. I then used Newman's Own Sockarooni sauce. Other than that, no changes. Everyone loved it!