2 hrs 35 mins
From Pillsbury Halloween 2005, this looks really cute. The photo with this recipe shows the 'face' against the background of a purple plate. Too cute!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 jumbo pasta shells (from 1 2-oz package)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 18 frozen cooked italian-style meatballs (from 16-oz bag)
- 4 pitted ripe olives, sliced (4-6)
- red bell pepper, if desired
- lettuce, if desired
- sugar snap pea, if desired
- green grape, if desired
- green onion, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3Cook pasta as directed on package; drain.
- 4Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well.
- 5Meanwhile, reserve 1 tablespoon pasta sauce; pour remaining sauce into baking dish.
- 6In medium bowl, mix egg, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, the basil and garlic powder.
- 7Fill each cooked pasta shell with about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture.
- 8Arrange filled shells, cheese mixture up, in dish over sauce.
- 9Press 1 meatball into cheese mixture in each shell to resemble eye.
- 10Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly.
- 11Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 12Use drop of reserved pasta sauce to attach ripe olive slice to each meatball to resemble pupil of eye.
- 13To create a face, arrange eyes on each plate with red pepper mouth, grape nose, lettuce and sugar snap peas eyebrows and green onion hair.
- 14Makes: 6 servings (3 shells each).
- 15Kitchen Tip:.
- 16One serving is three shells.
- 17Make a face using two shells for eyes, and offer the additional shells during the meal.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Monster Eyes
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.8
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.3 mg
- Sodium 916.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jumbo pasta shells