Good casserole for a potluck or small gatherings. Could even be a quick addition to your holiday menu!
- 6 ounces broccoli florets
- 6 ounces carrots, juliened
- 6 ounces cauliflower florets
- 4 ounces chopped pimiento, drained and divided
- 10 ounces condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 ounces fried onions, divided (like French's crispy onions)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease large casserole dish.
- Combine vegetables, half the pimiento's, soup, sour cream, pepper, half of the onions and half of the cheese in a bowl.
- Spoon mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining onions and cheese on top and bake for another five minutes or until melted.
- Remove casserole from oven and sprinkle with remaining pimiento's.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I made some changes but the result was outstanding!! I had a bunch of leftover fresh veggies from DD graduation...so used broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, snap peas...added 1/2 small onion finely chopped, 1 tsp garlic, 1/2 tsp curry powder...doubled the sauce as I pretty much doubled the veggies...used bread crumbs as we are not fans of fried onions, and 1 1/2 cups colby-jack shredded cheese. Baked it in a 9x13 sprayed dish...let it set up about 5 mins...It was a bit on the soupy side...so served with egg noodles...I had hoped for left-overs...but there are none :( Thanks for posting this recipe, I will be making this again for sure!!
While this one is not a regular in our routine, it is great for a change. I cut in half for just the 2 of us and have 2 meals worth. I also used frozen veggies to really make it quickly. Good stuff