Super cheesy, stick to your ribs, definitely NOT a diet dish. Fairly quick to make...kids LOVE it. My b/f came up with this one night when all we had in the freezer were some minute/sandwich steaks. I have 30 minutes for prep time but I've seen him toss this together in half that time. The kids don't like chopped green peppers but I think they would be great in this dish. Also great for covered dish suppers.
- 453.59 g frozen sandwich minute steaks, broken into pieces (approx 16 steaks)
- 340.19 g bag wide egg noodles
- 226.79 g bagshredded mild cheddar cheese
- 340.19 g bagshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 396.89 g bottle ketchup (or approx 2 cups)
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 88.74 ml butter
- 4.92 ml dried Italian seasoning
- Boil noodles& drain.
- Set aside.
- In large skillet brown steaks& onion together.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add ketchup, onion soup mix, basil& garlic powder.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- Mix noodles& steak mixture together.
- In 13x9 casserole dish (or any large casserole dish), layer 1/2 mixture in bottom.
- Add cheddar cheese and dot this layer w/half the butter.
- Add the rest of the mixture& top with the butter& mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle w/Italian seasoning.
- Bake uncovered@ 375 for 30 minutes.
Husband liked it, kids liked it! Inexpensive and easy to make; this recipe's a keeper.
This very good. I didn't have any minute steaks on hand, but had a couple of leftover sirloin steaks I chopped up. My family loved it. Instead of ketsup I used spagetti sauce, I seasoned that with garlic powder, oinion powder and oregano, which worked our real well. Thanks for the post!