1/1 Photo of Cheesy Minute/Sandwich Steak Casserole
Super cheesy, stick to your ribs, definitely NOT a diet dish. Fairly quick to make...kids LOVE it. My b/f came up with this one night when all we had in the freezer were some minute/sandwich steaks. I have 30 minutes for prep time but I've seen him toss this together in half that time. The kids don't like chopped green peppers but I think they would be great in this dish. Also great for covered dish suppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen sandwich minute steaks, broken into pieces (approx 16 steaks)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) bag shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup (or approx 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1Boil noodles& drain.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In large skillet brown steaks& onion together.
- 4Drain off excess fat.
- 5Add ketchup, onion soup mix, basil& garlic powder.
- 6Simmer for 5 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- 7Mix noodles& steak mixture together.
- 8In 13x9 casserole dish (or any large casserole dish), layer 1/2 mixture in bottom.
- 9Add cheddar cheese and dot this layer w/half the butter.
- 10Add the rest of the mixture& top with the butter& mozzarella cheese.
- 11Sprinkle w/Italian seasoning.
- 12Bake uncovered@ 375 for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Minute/Sandwich Steak Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 966.8
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.2 g
- Cholesterol 216.7 mg
- Sodium 2021.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 44.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning