Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a nice twist on the normal meatloaf recipes.. 8 mini meatloaves with a yummy sauce!! I have made this several times and recently added fresh mushrooms to meat mixture before shaping into loaves and it was fantastic... endless possibilities!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml quick oats
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 177.44 ml milk
- 4.92 ml salt & pepper
- 177.44 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg and milk together.
- Add cheese, oats, onion, salt, & pepper to milk/egg mixture.
- Mix in ground beef with your hands until all ingredients are incorporated well.
- Shape into 8 loaves and place into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and spoon over loaves.
- You may want to make extra sauce for after its done cooking!
- Place in 350 degree oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
I have used this recipe many times, my family loves it. I do cut down on the onions by one-half. Always make an extra batch, they reheat well and make good meatloaf sandwiches as well. Thanks for a great and simple recipe. It is a belly filler.
These were really good!! I think it has ruined my DH on "big" loaves of meatloaf now!!:-) He said he much rathers the smaller loaves- so I guess it will be like this from now on. Thank You for sharing!!
A good recipe for meatloaf. The only thing I did differently was reduce the amount of onion, it seemed like a lot for 1 lb. of ground beef. I used quick oats but might think of using breadcrumbs next time as others did. Texturally I prefer the breadcrumbs.