Recipe by Noo
I love these cute little bite-sized burgers. They are excellent for parties, and football gatherings and always go down a storm with the men folk! Great for children’s parties too! These can be prepared up to a day before hand, then assembled and grilled.
Top Review by MarraMamba
last night i had a "burger" night, made these and another burger (i wanted mini and a carnivore wanted a big double burger lmao)absolutely great. Served them on soft "brown and serve" buns..they stay wonderfully squishy when you don't brown them.
- 6 slices bread
- 60 g melted butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheese
- 250 g minced beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon French mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- For the patties:.
- Combine mince,onion,mustard and sauces in a bowl.
- Take two teaspoonfuls and shape into a ball, and then flatten slightly to form a patty. Repeat with all of the mixture.
- Cut 4 1/2 cm rounds from each slice of bread, 4 out of each slice. Brush with melted butter and bake in a moderate oven for approx 15 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Spread each round with tomato paste.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan. Cook patties until well browned; drain on kitchen towel.
- Place patties on top of the bread rounds and top with cheese.
- Grill until the cheese has melted.