1/4 Photos of Cheesy Meximac (Mexican Macaroni & Cheese)
From Family Circle Magazine, January 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350*F. Coat an 11x7x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini and cook 5 minutes. Add scallions and cook an additional 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly, until smooth. Stir in salt and pepper; bring to a simmer. Cook, simmering 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3Add half of the shredded cheese to milk mixture; whisk until smooth. Stir in corn, then combine in large bowl with pasta and scallions. Pour half into prepared dish; top with half of remaining cheese. Repeat, ending with cheese.
- 4Bake at 350*F for 25 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Meximac (Mexican Macaroni & Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 333.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 19.4 g