1/3 Photos of Cheesy Mexican Rice Skillet
This is SO easy and yummy! And best of all only uses 1 pan. I came up with this recipe when we were low on groceries and low on money. Just using stuff on hand in the cupboard and fridge I came up with something everyone loves. My husband likes to put this inside a tortilla and roll it up with sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef in large skillet on MD/HI & drain fat.
- 2Add onion & cook for a couple of minutes.
- 3Sprinkle with salt & pepper (if desired).
- 4Stir in chili powder & mix well.
- 5Stir in tomato juice & bring just to boil.
- 6Once boiling add rice & reduce heat to MD.
- 7Cover & cook 10-15 minutes, until rice is tender, stirring a couple times.
- 8Stir in 1 1/2 c of the cheese and remove from heat.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cover 1 min to melt.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Mexican Rice Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.2
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 603.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 28.2 g