This is SO easy and yummy! And best of all only uses 1 pan. I came up with this recipe when we were low on groceries and low on money. Just using stuff on hand in the cupboard and fridge I came up with something everyone loves. My husband likes to put this inside a tortilla and roll it up with sour cream.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet on MD/HI & drain fat.
- Add onion & cook for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper (if desired).
- Stir in chili powder & mix well.
- Stir in tomato juice & bring just to boil.
- Once boiling add rice & reduce heat to MD.
- Cover & cook 10-15 minutes, until rice is tender, stirring a couple times.
- Stir in 1 1/2 c of the cheese and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cover 1 min to melt.
I thought my children would love this but they just thought it was OK. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I had made burgers on the grill and made this as a side dish.
Another fast and easy recipe that I can use for the kids at lunch time. I think I could mix this up the night before, minus the rice, then the next day stir in rice and bake. I think maybe 375 degrees for 30 minutes might work. I'll let you know if I give it a try some day. This recipe is a winner in our book. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup game
This was fabulous!!! I did make a few changes because I realized after I started making it that I didnt have a couple things. I doubled the recipe due to my family and their friends, and used green onions (didnt have normal onions), 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. And then I found out that I didnt have chili powder so I used 1 tsp Emeril's Original Essence, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and then followed the recipe. I have NEVER used Minute Rice before (atleast that I can remember) and it will not be the last time. I had already browned some ground beef and threw it into containers and then froze it for future use, so I just pulled one of them out and used it. I had this to the table in about 15 minutes. FABULOUSLY EASY AND YUMMY! Thank you sooo much for this great recipe!