This is SO easy and yummy! And best of all only uses 1 pan. I came up with this recipe when we were low on groceries and low on money. Just using stuff on hand in the cupboard and fridge I came up with something everyone loves. My husband likes to put this inside a tortilla and roll it up with sour cream.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet on MD/HI & drain fat.
- Add onion & cook for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper (if desired).
- Stir in chili powder & mix well.
- Stir in tomato juice & bring just to boil.
- Once boiling add rice & reduce heat to MD.
- Cover & cook 10-15 minutes, until rice is tender, stirring a couple times.
- Stir in 1 1/2 c of the cheese and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cover 1 min to melt.