Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taco Bell, move over! This is a wonderful vegetarian recipe. You can use fat free refried beans, sour cream, low fat cheese & this can be a healthy meal! 8)
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, cut in bite size thin strips
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans, heated
- 4 (9 inch) flour tortillas, heated
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 sour cream
- In medium saucepan, bring the sauce to a boil.
- Add rice and pepper.
- Cover, remove from burner and let stand 5-10 minutes (or until the liquid has been absorbed) then fluff with a fork.
- Next, spread 1/4 cup of the beans evenly over tortillas to within 1 inch of edges.
- Top each with 1/4 of the rice mixture, tomato and cheese.
- Spoon in the sour cream down centers of tortillas.
- Roll tortillas up. Serve right away while warm.
Yum! bean rice and cheese, my fav. kind of burrito and i'm not a vegetarian :) thanks for the quick way to make up the spanish rice as well. i added some salsa to the beans and used home made enchilada sauce. I also toasted them in the fry pan a minuite on each side quick with a little oil, definately better than taco bell!
this was a good idea and i would like it just fine but my family likes meat so i added chicken breast and mixed the rice and chicken together and it was a hit! Thanx
This was a easy and tasty vegie burrito. I used green enchilada sauce instead of the red. Thanks Ocean~Ivy.