Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick easy dinner from Southern Living.
Make and share this Cheesy Mexican Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- additional paprika (optional)
- Combine the black and red pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with chiles and cheese.
- Cover and let stand 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with additional paprika.
Quick and easy, as promised, with a nice flavor! I used cheddar cheese (on hand) and added some chopped green onions with the cheese and chilies. Thanks for sharing!
This is a great way to prepare chicken! It came out moist and full of flavor. It wasn't too spicy and the melted cheese on top just puts it over the top. Did not change a thing.
Made recipe as stated except I used pepperjack cheese that was what I had on hand. DB loved it and said it had just the right amount of kick.This was a great chicken recipe and one I will make again and again. Thank you for such a tasty dish.