Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from the cookbook "Take Five for Every Occasion". All of the recipes require only 5 ingredients and are easy to make. My oldest daughter, Amy, doesn't like chicken, but she will eat this. It has a punch to it from the Ro-tel tomatoes. I've never timed the recipe so 30 minutes is prep. time which is cooking the vermicelli and cooking and chopping the chicken after it cools. The process cheese can be cubed or shredded. I've always cubed mine, because Velveeta will stick to any tool used to shred it.
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces processed cheese, cubed or shredded
- 8 chicken breasts, cooked, cubed
- 7 ounces vermicelli, cooked, drained
- Mix the tomatoes with green chiles with the undiluted soup.
- Add the cheese and chicken.
- Cook until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Place the vermicelli in a greased casserole.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the vermicelli.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Made this last night for dinner and we loved it, it's different than my other chicken casserole recipes. I made it just like it was posted, only I boiled the chicken and then cooked the noodles in the leftover chicken stock, it gave them even more flavor. I usually have all these ingredients in the pantry, so I'm sure this will be on the table again very soon. Thanks for posting!!
Yummy and easy. I only used 2 very large chicken breasts like Pam-I-Am did.
Absolutely delicious!! This was a huge hit at the lake for opening weekend at Mineral Lake (for fishing). I made my own cream of chicken soup and added along with the tomato and green chilies, a can of Campbells Southwestern pepper jack fiesta soup and added alittle chopped up red onion and red pepper. I used 4 large chicken breast and I also used angel hair pasta. Mixed all in bowl and added to casserole pan and baked 30 minutes. When removing from oven I added monterey jack cheese on top and let melt and added a few strips of red and green pepper. Fantastic!! Everyone wanted the recipe :) Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!! Its one I am sure I will be making again. :)