1 hr 1 min
Serve with shredded lettuce and guacomole. From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package Mexican-style Rice-A-Roni
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat; add rice mix, reserving seasoning packet. Stir in bell pepper and onion, and saute 6 minutes or until rice mix is lightly browned.
- 2Stir in 2 1/4 cups water and seasoning packet. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and chicken.
- 3Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; sprinkle with shredded cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Mexican Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 715.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: