Prep 10 mins
Cook 51 mins
Serve with shredded lettuce and guacomole. From Southern Living.
Make and share this Cheesy Mexican Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package Mexican-style Rice-A-Roni
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat; add rice mix, reserving seasoning packet. Stir in bell pepper and onion, and saute 6 minutes or until rice mix is lightly browned.
- Stir in 2 1/4 cups water and seasoning packet. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; sprinkle with shredded cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until thoroughly heated.
This was very easy and very good. I added corn and topped it with sour cream. We loved it! Thanks