Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
For those of you looking for a twist on your Mexican dishes and one that's healthier, give this a try. Buckwheat is a good source of vitamin b, zinc, and iron.
- 946.36 ml cooked cream of buckwheat
- 354.88 ml of chopped onions
- 28.39 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml cottage cheese
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml shredded mexican cheese
- 226.79 g green chilies, chopped
- 453.59 g refried beans
- 453.59 g ground beef or 453.59 g shredded chicken, cooked and seasoned
- 12.32 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml of chopped green pepper
- Prepare cream of buckwheat using either milk, water, or broth.
- Sauté onion, green pepper, garlic, butter and ground beef (or chicken) in pan along with a taco seasoning.
- Combine buckwheat, sour cream, cottage cheese, refried beans, hot sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- In at least a 3 quart casserole dish, layer buckwheat mixture, meat and vegetable mixture, shredded cheese, and green chillies then repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 375° for approximately 60 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving dish.