1 hr 25 mins
Chef Mean Green's Note:
For those of you looking for a twist on your Mexican dishes and one that's healthier, give this a try. Buckwheat is a good source of vitamin b, zinc, and iron.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml cooked cream of buckwheat
- 354.88 ml of chopped onions
- 28.39 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml cottage cheese
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml shredded mexican cheese
- 226.79 g green chilies, chopped
- 453.59 g refried beans
- 453.59 g ground beef or 453.59 g shredded chicken, cooked and seasoned
- 12.32 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml of chopped green pepper
- 1Prepare cream of buckwheat using either milk, water, or broth.
- 2Sauté onion, green pepper, garlic, butter and ground beef (or chicken) in pan along with a taco seasoning.
- 3Combine buckwheat, sour cream, cottage cheese, refried beans, hot sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- 4In at least a 3 quart casserole dish, layer buckwheat mixture, meat and vegetable mixture, shredded cheese, and green chillies then repeat layers.
- 5Bake uncovered at 375° for approximately 60 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- 6Let stand for 10 minutes before serving dish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Mexican Buckwheat Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.1
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 1064.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked cream of buckwheat